Saturday, May 18, 2013

Long Week!

Today is my little sister Andrea's (or Peeglet) Bridal Shower!! My older sister, Candice, my little niece Addison, and I spent all day yesterday traipsing through Costco, Home Goods, and Target buying everything to make for the shower today. Then, we spent even longer baking, cooking, shredding, etc...but everything looks so yummy! The hardest part was messing up the deviled eggs. We've never really made them before, but they are Peeglet's absolute favorite. After hours of tediously de-shelling the eggs...and ripping them in half, or tearing the skin, and creating divets, we admitted defeat. However, with a quick call to mom, she salvaged the 3 dozen eggs we'd already hard boiled and suggested an egg salad! Huzzah!! We just deviled the yolks, and chunked the whites and mixed them all together! Absolutely delicious. The down side to all of this? I think every recipe had cream cheese, mayonnaise, or both! We used almost an entire Costco sized jar of Hellman's! Obviously we don't eat like this all the time, but I'm really going to have to watch myself today so I don't go hogwild! We do have a lot of fresh fruit and veggies, to be served with dip of course, so I will limit the dip intake, hopefully! As far as for the rest of the week, I was hoping to have a great and encouraging blog about how wonderful we've been doing, and all the weight we lost, and the week truly started out that way! We made delicious meals at home, watched our portions, had left overs to pack for lunch, and I even had plans with Peeglet to attend a Zumba session on Thursday night! And then, Wednesday night at work happened. To make a long, and tearful story short, I was in an encounter with the manager at work, and ended up feeling I had no respect, and so technically quit my job on Wednesday night. I got a call that I still had a job, and ended up calling the district supervisor to resolve some issues. This was such a stressful situation, and unlike anything that I've ever been involved in. For those of you that know me well, you know that I'm usually a calm person in control of my emotions, and that I very much want to and do get along with others. Luckily, after several conversations, the situation was resolved, but the stress of it all sent me into an eating downward spiral. Wednesday night, my support system (Kyle, Peeglet, and her fiance, Daniel) made and shared brownies with me, because chocolate helps so much! Then, I was so stressed out about seeing the person on Thursday, I forgot to pack my lunch, so I ran to McDonald's on my lunch break, with every intention of ordering a grilled, sweet chili chicken Mcwrap and water. But, there, in the drive thru out of my mouth came, I'll have a No. 1 with a large coke! (this is the first regular pop I've really had since the cleanse). After wolfing down my lunch (and it was delicious), I checked facebook to see a message from my cousin's wife, Michelle. She was so nice, and said how inspiring my blog has been, and that she was on day 4 of her own GM Cleanse. I felt so terrible, here I was just falling into the same old pattern! If only I had checked facebook before lunch!! I still thought it would be okay, because I would work it off at Zumba. At 7:25 pm, Peeg and I pulled into the parking lot of the little workout place for class. The music was already going, the parking lot was overflowing, and people were already dancing inside through the window. We were so intimidated, and I was still pretty overwhelmed by everything at work, that we decided to flee! So, yes, it has been a very long week, physically, mentally, and emotionally! (I cried, a lot, on Wednesday and Thursday) and I definitely saw just how much I am controlled by stress, especially when it comes to food choices! My hope from here on out is that I don't let that kind of stress and situation occur again, the situation was a long time coming, and I just kept ignoring everything that was going on, hoping to avoid a confrontation. Obviously, I found my breaking point, I'm not proud, but I do feel like I know now that I need to take the time to address things. This should carry over into eating as well! Planning and addressing food, having food prepared, and having healthy things on hand to munch on should help me avoid situations where I am at the McDonald's drive in at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment