Sunday, May 5, 2013

Results of the GM Cleanse!

We made it through the cleanse!! And we did very well until 6 pm on Day 7, at which point we ate out at Red Robin to celebrate my sister moving to Indy and my cousin running her first mini! But even there we ordered and ate much healthier than we normally would. Kyle ate a Bruschetta Chicken sandwich, side salad, and broccoli and I ate the BLTA croissant w/o mayo, a side salad...and sadly most of my sister's kid's menu french fries.

Our weigh in at the end of it all was very exciting! Kyle weighed 320.2, after starting at 335.6, that's 15.4 lbs down. I weighed a flat 260 so also lost 15 lbs! We're so pleased with our progress. We're also very aware that loosing weight quickly often means you put it on just as fast. However, we did the Cleanse to jump start our weight loss and also get our bodies used to eating healthier, and so we won't crave those comfort food so much.

A couple things that made me quite happy is that we did eat out. I actually ate out twice on Day 6, Friday and then at Red Robin on Saturday. Even though we went out to eat, I still managed to order really healthy things. Friday morning I had breakfast with a friend at La Peep's. I ordered an egg white omelette with spinach, mushrooms, avocado, sun-dried tomatoes ( I even had them hold the cheese :( and the potatoes) and had fruit instead. Then, later with my sisters at Applebee's I thoroughly enjoyed a 12 oz NY strip steak (we were allowed unlimited beef!) and did two ordered of steamed veggies for my side. So, since it's pretty unrealistic that we will cut out eating out all together, I'm really encouraged that they're are tasty options available, but we'll just have to discipline ourselves to order those things and not the regular stuff we usually get.

I asked Kyle how he felt throughout the week and at the end of it. He said he felt pretty lethargic the first few days, especially because he was going without his regular cup of joe at work. But, at the end of the week, he felt that his energy level was back to his usual level, without the coffee! He also says he feels skinnier! I feel skinnier too! And also don't feel too deprived of energy, but I still have a mild headache, hopefully that continues to diminish as I continue to avoid caffeine!

So, thanks everyone for all the encouragement and support, I've gotten several comments on facebook! I honestly can't believe how supportive everybody has been. I've gotten recipe ideas, websites to look at, and general encouragement from some very unexpected places and I know we'll need it to continue forward to someday skinny mini! So any advice or tips are very welcome as we traverse our weight loss path!!

3 comments:

  1. Excited for you and hopefully this will be motivation to help me lose this baby weight. So after the cleanse then what? Trying to eat in moderation and continue to make healthy choices? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete