Saturday, May 11, 2013

Some Struggles

This week has been full of ups and downs for Kyle and I. We both gained back a few pounds from the cleanse. Kyle said he knew this would happen but I thought I'd finally be in the 250s for the first time in years. But, it looks like it might be a few more weeks til I get there. However, we went grocery shopping and bought a bunch of fresh things, and I've been given some good looking recipes from friend's and found more on pinterest. This week we get to look forward to mexican pizza, jalapeno-popper stuffed chicken, chipotle black bean burgers, crunchy chicken salad with poppy seed dressing and some other goodies!

Hopefully the new recipes will keep us inspired. I got pretty discouraged this week, because I gained weight back and I felt like no matter what I eat, I'll be at 265 for the rest of my life. This is the weight that I usually am, and it seems like every diet/exercise try stagnates at this weight. Today, however I was 263...and that was after even cheating with some Pizza King pizza (my favorite!).

The next step to get sorted is exercise. I'm planning to start out slow, just long walks with Oscar, our dog, and Kyle. Again, exercise would be helpful, but because of my arthritis/joint pain, strenuous exercise is difficult. I am doing a lot of physical therapy for my lower back and Sacriiliac joints, and its the best I've felt in years. Even my parents said I looked really healthy when I saw them yesterday! So, walking should go a long way I hope. Also, my little sister has moved in with us for the summer, until she get's married July 20th! We really want to try Zumba to work out and look sexy for the wedding!

3 comments:

  1. I love zumba! You CAN do it! Don't get too discouraged, I know it takes a while to see changes. Stick with it... it's so helpful that you have a partner in all this! :) Sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! You'll get there. Here's an awesome recipe to try:
    Delicious Crockpot Chicken

    4-6 frozen chicken breasts
    large can of salsa (chunky, salsa verde, medium, hot, whatever you want:)
    20-something oz jar of great northern beans

    first chicken, then salsa and beans in crockpot. cook on low for at least 8 hours. when you get home from work, shred with a fork and mix up. it's awesome!

    serve with anything---brown rice, avocado, a little cheese, baked tortilla chips, yellow corn tortillas---whatever you'd like! it's delicious, easy, and freezes well, so you can make a big batch and save for later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks jannis!! Peeglet and I are going this thursday :)! It sounds like a lot of fun.

    Adrienne, bought the Great Northern Beans tonight! Excited to give it a try, thanks for giving it to me again :)

    ReplyDelete